Sunday, October 19, 2008

This Past Week

By Kazz Falcon

What Can I Say?
I knew it will happen sooner or later.
I kicked Miguel out of my place.
He found an hotel room that same day.
He moved out that evening.
He went to work that night.
A week later, he called me in the morning.
He wanted to come over.
Sure, why not?
He haven't show up.
Few hours later, he called me from Lucy's.
This time, he came over.
Like always, he was DRUNK.
He told me the bad news.
The hotel kicked him out.
You already know the reason.
I don't have to tell you.
The hotel tossed his suitcase to the curb.
He lost his clothes.
He passed out on the couch.
I looked through his bag.
I found an alcohol bottle.
I saw a note on a piece of paper.
October 21, 2008 at 1 PM.
Hmm, another meeting with his boss.
That told me one thing.
He missed a night.
He's on the verge of losing his job again.
Oh well.
There's nothing I can do about it.
He made his choice.
An alcoholic life full of pain and misery.
I made my choice.
I won't be a part of that life.

No comments: