Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The End Of My Rope

I was tired and beaten.
My addiction worn me down.
Can’t you see my frown?
I shed a tear of millions.
My boss noticed I wasn’t doing a good job.
I mentioned I couldn’t get any sleep.
He knew better than that.
He released me from my duties.
He promised my job would be waiting for me.
Throughout the years, I was at many rehab centers.
I couldn’t escape my addiction.
It took control of my life.
No matter how hard I try, I wasn’t able to stop.
I always go back to heroin.
The habit was hard to break.
I injected it in the arm with a needle.
It made me to feel so good.
I don’t have a problem in the world.
The heroin was the one I wanted the most in life.
I didn’t care about anything else.
I continued to lose everything AND everyone.
I couldn’t handle what I became.
I felt very bad that it truly cost me my life.
It was the end of my rope.

No comments: